As the name suggests, the ‘wooden garage door’ is a kind of door made of durable and sturdy wood which can add a great appearance and value to the exteriors of your home. It is one of the most elegant and sophisticated-looking garage doors one can opt for.
There are various ways by which you can design these wooden garage doors as per your tastes and preferences. For instance, installing windows on this door can enhance its look to the next level. One thing which is important for you to know is that these garage doors can put a little strain on your pocket but, in return, offer excellent quality and the nature-inspired look which one wants.
Most Common Wooden Garage Door Materials
It’s true that merely choosing wooden garage doors isn’t enough, as various types differ in quality, sturdiness and pricing.
Some Of These Types Are:
- Red oak: Red oak wood is a highly affordable, heavy and aesthetic-looking option.
- Alder: This type of material is not quite well recognised but promises to offer a good colour palette with a hint of rusty shade.
- Mahogany: It is one of the most beautiful looking and durable garage door materials, completely resistant to pests and moisture. Its perfectly aesthetic natural look is something which attracts the households most.
- Redwood: This is one of the most luxurious and expensive types of garage door material one can choose. It is usually made up of multiple layers for extra durability and a glamorous look.
- Plywood: The most pocket-friendly option for garage doors is always plywood. It is comparatively thinner than other materials but provides an attractive appearance.
Why Choose Wooden Garage Doors?
Now, after understanding what wooden garage doors are and their types, you must know the benefits of installing them according to whom you can decide rationally. So, here are 5 pros of wooden garage doors:
The other types of doors, like the metallic ones, try to replicate the wooden doors, but you can directly opt for the wooden garage doors to get that naturally aesthetic and classy-looking door for your home.
You can choose endless customisation styles creatively to get the best garage door for your home. By analysing variety of timber types, colour palettes, panel designs etc., you can get the kind of door you want.
Environmentally-Friendly And Timeless Look
Compared to other materials, wood is a renewable material that makes it suitable for the environment. Also, there is no such trend making wooden garage doors less superior in the market. Its classic rusty style never makes it move out of fashion.
Easy On Pocket
These doors can add great value to the exteriors of your home without putting a huge strain on your bank account compared to other door materials.
So, I hope this article will be able to give you a complete overview of wooden garage doors.