It is a fact that the walls of all the rooms in our homes get dirty sooner or later. The kitchen and bathroom are the most susceptible areas to this phenomenon because they are used frequently throughout the day. However, the living room, hallways, and bedrooms are also regularly exposed to dust and other types of dirt.
The cleaning process can take quite a lot of time, and some people prefer to use professional services instead. This is especially true if we want to restore walls in our home after construction work or wall repainting.
Regardless Of Whether You Choose To Do It Yourself Or Hire Professionals, Below Are Some Tips That Will Help You With Home Painting Maintenance In Sydney
The most important things you need to remember for home painting maintenance in Sydney are patience and persistence. It will take time for the paint to settle and cure properly, especially if you’ve used oil-based paints or stains. Avoid moving furniture back in too soon because it can cause scratches on the newly painted surface.
- Taping Off The Trim: This is one of the most important steps in any home painting maintenance project in Sydney. The painter is responsible for doing this, but if they don’t do it right or get distracted, it will be up to you to ensure that there’s no paint drip or splatter on the trim. Make sure that you take all necessary precautions by protecting the areas around it and using wide painter’s tape. Ensuring that everything is covered is key because even a small amount of paint dripped onto the trim can cause major damage down the line.
- Treating Stains As Soon As Possible: As soon as you notice a stain, start treating it to prevent it from spreading or becoming too difficult to remove. The longer a stain sits on your wall, the more likely it is to cause damage or leave a mark that no amount of cleaning will remove.
- Decide On The Best Approach: There are several ways you can remove paint stains from your walls for home painting maintenance in Sydney. Some stains can be cleaned with common household items, such as vinegar and baking soda, and others require more specialised products or professional attention. Be sure to research the stain before you begin treatment to know how best to proceed.
- Use Appropriate Tools To Clean Walls: There is no better way to maintain home painting in Sydney than using good quality brushes and cloth. If there are no natural materials available, such as rags or old clothes, go for microfiber cloths or paper towels. They absorb moisture, which makes them perfect for the job at hand.
You can also use a vacuum cleaner with soft bristles to remove cobwebs from corners and cracks in the walls. If you have pets, vacuum their fur regularly that might have accumulated on the ceiling and walls. After cleaning, if you notice dried mud or other residues on your freshly painted walls, then use a blow dryer to blow it off before it becomes hard like cement on your walls.
- Keep It Dry: Mold thrives in warm and humid areas of the house, such as bathrooms and basements. You can also purchase a special paint with inhibitors that prevent mould from growing in high-moisture areas like bathrooms and kitchens. In case you locate a wall with mould or mildew on it, determine and examine the severity of the infestation. If it’s minor, use mildew-resistant paint; if it’s severe, call a professional for help.
These basic tips will help keep your int home painting looking fresh and brand new for a long time.