Timber flooring is an excellent choice for many homeowners. It offers a warm, natural look to your home while also providing durability and ease of maintenance. But with so many options available, choosing the right type of timber flooring in Austral can be a confusing process. This guide will help you to know everything about timber flooring.
Types of timber flooring in austral
There are several types of timber flooring austral available, each with its unique look and characteristics. Some popular options include solid hardwood, engineered wood, and laminate.
#1. Solid hardwood: Solid hardwood flooring is made from a single piece of solid wood and is one of the most popular types of timber flooring.
It is durable, long-lasting, and offers a classic, timeless look. However, solid hardwood flooring can be more expensive than other options and can be prone to expansion and contraction in changing climates.
#2. Engineered wood: Engineered wood is made from several layers of wood veneer glued together, making it more stable and resistant to changes in temperature and humidity. It offers a similar look to solid hardwood, but at a more affordable price point.
#3. Laminate flooring: Laminate flooring is made from high-density fiberboard. This flooring is topped with a photo-realistic image of wood or other materials. It is a budget-friendly option that is easy to install and maintain, but it may not be as durable as solid hardwood or engineered wood.
Timber flooring has several benefits in Australia, including
Benefits of installation
There are several benefits of using timber flooring austral including:
- Timber flooring is known for its durability and can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- Timber flooring adds natural beauty to a room and enhances its overall look.
- Timber flooring is available in a variety of finishes, colours, and styles that make it suitable for any decor style.
- Timber flooring is warm and comfortable underfoot, making it ideal for homes in cooler climates.
Maintenance and care
Regardless of the type of timber flooring austral you choose; it is important to maintain and care for it properly to ensure it lasts for years to come. To maintain timber flooring, you can follow these steps:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt from the flooring. Use a damp mop to clean the floor, but avoid over-wetting the floor as this can cause damage.
- Place rugs or mats at entryways to prevent dirt, gravel, and moisture from being tracked onto the floor.
- Avoid exposure to water or moisture, which can cause warping, cupping, and discolouration. Wipe up spills immediately and place mats or rugs in areas prone to moisture, such as near sinks and bathtubs.
- Put felt pads under furniture legs to prevent scratching and scuffing of the floor.
- Use gentle cleaning products specifically designed for timber flooring and avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the surface.
- Re-coat the timber flooring austral with a protective finish every 2-3 years to protect the surface and maintain its appearance.
It is best to hire a professional to sand and refinish the floor every 8-10 years to restore its original finish and remove deep scratches or scuffs.